Summer is the season for salads and I am a huge fan of corn salads! Not all salads start off with lettuce and corn makes a great base for a salad like this one, especially when the corn is either grilled on the BBQ or lightly charred in a skillet. The grilling or charring adds a nice smokiness to the corn in addition to caramelizing it which brings out it’s natural sweetness! Along with the corn this salad contains diced red bell peppers and green onions and the dressing is a simple combination of mayonnaise, sriracha and lime juice! The mayo makes this salad nice and creamy and the spicy heat from the chili sauce goes well with the sweet corn and sour lime juice! The salad is garnished with cilantro and crumbled cotija cheese (or queso fresco, or feta)!
Try adding bacon!
Sriracha Lime Corn Salad
A quick, easy and tasty corn salad with sriracha and lime!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups corn (about 4 ears), cut from the cob
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sriracha chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (optional)
- 1/4 cup cotija (or queso fresco or feta), crumbled
- Melt the butter in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, add the corn, toss and let it sit cooking until charred, mix it up and let it char again, about 6-10 minutes.
- Add the red bell pepper, saute for a minute and remove from heat.
- Mix everything and serve warm or at room temperature.
Option: Add cooked and crumbled bacon!
Esquites (Mexican Corn Salad)
Sriracha Maple Miso Butter Grilled Corn
Mexican Corn on the Cob (Elote)
Corn and Cotija Guacamole (aka Esquites Guacamole)
Hot Cheesy Corn Dip
Fresh Pea Salad
Esquites Quinoa Salad with Avocado
Creamed Corn with Roasted Red Peppers and Bacon
Mexican Street Corn Style Grilled Zucchini
Mexican Street Corn Nachos
Esquites (Mexican Corn Salad) Avocado Toast
Roasted Corn Queso Fundido
Mexican Corn Salad Dip
Creamy Bacon and Avocado Corn Salad