Corn is one of my favourite summer foods! There are so many different ways to enjoy it and a simple salad is always a good one! This corn salad includes spicy jalapenos, creamy avocado, tangy lime and sweet honey! You can cook the corn in a number of ways and charring it in a skillet adds a nice smokiness along with helping to bring out it’s natural sweetness. Cilantro and onions are a nice finish to the salad and I sometimes throw in crumbled cheese as well!
Jalapeno Honey Lime Corn Salad with Avocado
A summer grilled corn salad with jalapeno and avocado in a honey lime dressing!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups corn (about 4 ears), cut from the cob
- 1/2 jalapeno, thinly sliced or finely diced
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, add the corn, toss and let it sit cooking until charred, mix it up and let it char again, about 6-10 minutes.
- Add the jalapeno, saute for a minute and remove from heat.
- Mix everything and enjoy!
Option: Grill the corn on the cob before slicing it off for the salad instead of charring it in the skillet!
Option: Add cooked and crumbled bacon!
Option: Add 1/2 tablespoon white miso paste! (I mix it in with the lime juice and the honey before mixing it into the salad.)
Option: Add crumbled cheese, such as queso fresco, feta, etc.
Sriracha Lime Corn Salad
Esquites (Mexican Corn Salad)
Sriracha Maple Miso Butter Grilled Corn
Mexican Corn on the Cob (Elote)
Corn and Cotija Guacamole (aka Esquites Guacamole)
Hot Cheesy Corn Dip
Esquites Quinoa Salad with Avocado
Creamed Corn with Roasted Red Peppers and Bacon
Mexican Street Corn Style Grilled Zucchini
Mexican Street Corn Nachos
Esquites (Mexican Corn Salad) Avocado Toast
Roasted Corn Queso Fundido
Mexican Corn Salad Dip
Creamy Bacon and Avocado Corn Salad