While I was looking into queso fundido for my chorizo queso fundido I came across an idea that nearly floored me, a breakfast queso fundido! Yes, that’s right, a hot melted cheese dip for breakfast! I hardly needed an excuse to make it! What makes this a breakfast queso fundido is that it is full of chorizo sausage and scrambled eggs which would make for a great breakfast all by themselves let alone in a hot melted cheese dip! In addition to the chorizo, scrambled eggs and cheese this queso fundido is filled out with some onions, garlic, tomato and a jalapeno for some extra heat! I have to admit that I was a little bit concerned about how scrambled eggs would work in a dip like this but they were a natural fit and they made for one amazingly tasty breakfast! This breakfast queso fundido would be the perfect way to start off the big game day right!
Let them have hot melted cheese dip for breakfast!
Get you dip scooping hand into shape by training it at breakfast!
Breakfast Queso Fundido
A hot melted cheese dip with scrambled eggs and spicy chorizo sausage that is perfect for breakfast!
- 1/2 pound chorizo, casings removed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- Cook the chorizo in a pan over medium heat, breaking it apart as you go, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the onion, jalapeno and tomato and cook until the onions are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until tender, about a minute.
- Add the eggs and cook scrambled style until just about set, about 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle on the cheese and cook, stirring, until it melts, about 2-3 minutes.
Chorizo Queso Fundido
Chorizo and Egg Breakfast Nachos
Ham and Egg Breakfast Quesadillas
Breakfast Chorizo Quesadilla Topped with a Fried Egg
Chorizo Scrambled Eggs Breakfast Tacos
Jalapeño Popper Quiche
Hot Melted Caprese Dip
Roasted Corn Queso Fundido
Crispy Fried Chorizo and Potatoes
Chorizo and Potato Tostadas with Fried Eggs
Crispy Chorizo and Potato Tortilla Skillet Pizza