Looking for a fun breakfast recipe? These cheese tortilla chip chicken enchilada chilaquiles are perfect! Chilaquiles are a Mexican dish where corn tortillas are sliced and fried until crispy and served in a salsa. As a super quick, tasty and decadent altenative this recipe uses cheese flavoured tortilla chips instead of frying your own tortillas. (Choose your favourite flavour!) The salsa for these chilaquiles is an enchilada sauce to which chicken, corn, beans, onion, cheese, and avocado are added making this one really satisfying meal! Because this is a breakfast and because a runny egg yolk makes everything better, it is all topped off with fried eggs with runny yolks! Yum! These cheese tortilla chip chicken enchilada chilaquiles are such a fun, kid friendly meal that’s also a perfect way to celebrate Father’s day!
Eat it quick before those tortilla chips get soggy!
Cheese Tortilla Chip Chicken Enchilada Chilaquiles
Fun chicken enchilada chilaquiles with cheese tortilla chips for breakfast!
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 cup chicken
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese (or queso fresco or feta), crumbled
- 1/4 cup crema (or sour cream)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 eggs
- 6 ounces cheese tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Mix the enchilada sauce, chicken, corn and beans, bring to a simmer and remove from heat.
- Fry the eggs as desired.
- Toss the tortilla chips in the enchilada sauce, top with the onion, cheese, crema, avocado, eggs and cilantro and enjoy right away.
Option: Cut corn tortillas into triangles and fry in oil until golden brown and crispy instead of using tortilla chips.
Option: Top with your favourite toppings!