It’s time for another quick and easy chicken dinner, chicken enchilada chilaquiles! Chilaquiles is a Mexican dish where tortillas are fried until golden brown and crispy before being tossed in salsa and cooked until they start to soften and optionally topped with things like cheese and crema. I like to kick chilaquiles up a notch, making them even more hearty, with the flavours of chicken enchiladas, starting with an enchilada sauce, as the salsa, to which I add shredded chicken, corn and black beans. From there I top the chicken enchilada chilaquiles with onions, cheese, crema, avocado, cilantro and even a fried egg! Of course you can top these chicken enchilada chilaquiles with your favourite chicken enchilada toppings and I won’t tell anyone if you enjoy them for breakfast, dinner or even a late night snack!
The runny egg yolk could just be the best part!
Chicken Enchilada Chilaquiles
Chicken enchilada sauce with corn and beans tossed with crispy tortilla tips and topped with onions, cheese, crema, avocado and eggs; a tasty and satisfying breakfast!
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 cup chicken
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup black bean
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese (or feta), crumbled
- 1/4 cup crema (or sour cream)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 eggs
- 6 ounces tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Mix the enchilada sauce, chicken, corn and beans, bring to a simmer and remove from heat.
- Fry the eggs as desired.
- Toss the tortilla chips in the enchilada sauce, top with the onion, cheese, crema, avocado, eggs and cilantro and enjoy right away.
Option: Top with your favourite toppings!