Now that I had the homemade chorizo and the apple and pomegranate salsa made it was time to use them in some tacos! For these tasty winter themed tacos I started with the chorizo to which I added some chipotle roasted sweet potatoes and onions which was all topped off with the apple salsa along with some cool and creamy avocado and crumbled queso fresco. The spicy chorizo pairs perfectly with the sweet potatoes and the crispy and juicy apple salsa complements and contrasts them with flavours and textures and you rally cannot go wrong with the addition of the avocado and cheese!
Chorizo and Sweet Potato Tacos with Apple and Pomegranate Salsa
Spicy chorizo and sweet potato tacos with a fresh apple and pomegranate salsa, avocado and queso fresco.
- 1 large (~1 pound) sweet potato, scrubbed, dried and cut into 1/2 inch cubes (~2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound Mexican chorizo, casings removed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 12 small (4 inch) corn tortillas, toasted
- 2 cups apple and pomegranate salsa
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup queso fresco or cotija or feta, crumbled
- Toss the sweet potato in the oil, chili powder and cumin, place on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast in a preheated 400F/200C oven until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the chorizo and onion in a pan over medium heat and set aside.
- Mix the sweet potato into the chorizo, divide between the tortillas, top with the apple salsa, avocado and queso fresco.
Chorizo Scrambled Eggs Breakfast Tacos
Jerk Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Salsa, Slaw and Pina Colada Crema
Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos with Swiss Chard Pesto
Pork Tinga Tacos
Black Bean, Corn and Quinoa Picadillo Tacos
Chorizo and Potato Tacos with Avocado Salsa Verde
Crispy Fried Chorizo and Potatoes
Chorizo and Potato Tostadas with Fried Eggs
Crispy Chorizo and Potato Tortilla Skillet Pizza
The Little Ferraro Kitchen says
Wow these look killer! I can see how the spicy chorizo pairs perfectly with the sweet and refreshing salsa!! The salsa seems similar to my charoset which has apples and pom seeds! Love this!
Judit + Corina @WineDineDaily says
These tacos are a dream Kevin! Looks absolutely fresh and invitingly delicious with the pomegranate salsa:)
Diana @ASpoonfulofLuxe says
This is awesome! I made something similar a few weeks back but used pork tenderloin instead of the chorizo and kiwi instead of the poms. Don't the roasted sweet potatoes make it? I can't imagine having a taco now without them! I'll have to try this spicier option… and anything is delicious with pomegranates!!! 🙂
Sue/the view from great island says
The tacos sound wonderful but I have to admit, I came for the salsa 🙂
Sasa Zoe says
Looks so yummy:)
New on http://www.shallwesasa.com
Sue/the view from great island: The salsa is great all by itself!
Amazing! Love these tacos. So pretty!
Christian Simple says
Wow I love it. Its perfect for my diet and its so healthy. Thanks for sharing this.
personal chef in austin tx
Jeff @ Cheese-burger.net says
My mouth is dripping right now. Really! I'm imagining that these tacos are dancing in my taste buds.
Black Leather Jackets says
This is what i want for lunch tomorrow!!!
Layla @ Brunch Time Baker says
Hurry for mexican! These are the best tacos ever!!
These look AMAZING!!
domain name registration service providers says
These sweet potatoes are one of the common and delicious food all across the world.