Now that I had the homemade chorizo and the apple and pomegranate salsa made it was time to use them in some tacos! For these tasty winter themed tacos I started with the chorizo to which I added some chipotle roasted sweet potatoes and onions which was all topped off with the apple salsa along with some cool and creamy avocado and crumbled queso fresco. The spicy chorizo pairs perfectly with the sweet potatoes and the crispy and juicy apple salsa complements and contrasts them with flavours and textures and you rally cannot go wrong with the addition of the avocado and cheese!
Chorizo and Sweet Potato Tacos with Apple and Pomegranate Salsa
Spicy chorizo and sweet potato tacos with a fresh apple and pomegranate salsa, avocado and queso fresco.
- 1 large (~1 pound) sweet potato, scrubbed, dried and cut into 1/2 inch cubes (~2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound Mexican chorizo, casings removed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 12 small (4 inch) corn tortillas, toasted
- 2 cups apple and pomegranate salsa
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup queso fresco or cotija or feta, crumbled
- Toss the sweet potato in the oil, chili powder and cumin, place on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast in a preheated 400F/200C oven until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the chorizo and onion in a pan over medium heat and set aside.
- Mix the sweet potato into the chorizo, divide between the tortillas, top with the apple salsa, avocado and queso fresco.
Chorizo Scrambled Eggs Breakfast Tacos
Jerk Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Salsa, Slaw and Pina Colada Crema
Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos with Swiss Chard Pesto
Pork Tinga Tacos
Black Bean, Corn and Quinoa Picadillo Tacos
Chorizo and Potato Tacos with Avocado Salsa Verde
Crispy Fried Chorizo and Potatoes
Chorizo and Potato Tostadas with Fried Eggs
Crispy Chorizo and Potato Tortilla Skillet Pizza