Chicken fajitas are one of my favourites and in the summer iI like to grill the chicken, pan frying the chicken works any time and another option is to bake the it! Normally you would cook the chicken and the onions and peppers separately but when you bake you can do everything at once all in the one pan. Simply season the chicken with texmex or taco seasoning, place it in a large baking pan, top with sliced onions and bell peppers before topping with cheese and baking until the chicken is cooked! It’s super easy and it takes almost not time! I like to eat these baked chicken fajitas just as they are, or serve it all on a bed of rice or pasta! Of course the other option is to slice the chicken after it’s cooked and to throw everything into tortillas to make actual chicken fajitas with your favourite fajita fillings, like salsa, sour cream, etc. This baked chicken fajita casserole is super quick and easy to make, fun and just packed with flavour!
Chicken Fajita Casserole
Seasoned chicken topped with onions, bell peppers and plenty of cheese!
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Season the chicken with the taco seasoning and place in a large baking dish before topping with the onion, peppers, and cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the cheese is melted and the chicken is cooked through, about 25-35 minutes.
Option: Slice the cooked chicken and serve with tortillas and your favourite fajita topping like salsa, sour cream, etc.