Acorn squash (aka pepper squash) is a favourite fall treat, especially in a quick and easy side dish like this parmesan roasted acorn squash! An acorn squash is cut in half, the seeds are removed and it’s cut into 1/2 inch thick slices before being tossed in oil, seasoned and roasted until tender. The seasoning used here is pretty simple with thyme, salt and pepper in addition to the star of the show, parmesan cheese! When cut into small pieces pepper squash takes no more than 20 minutes to roast, so this side dish is ready in almost no time at all. Parmesan roasted acorn squash is the perfect side dish for any fall meal, especially Thanskgiving or Christmas dinners!
Parmesan Roasted Acorn Squash
Quick, easy and tasty roasted acorn squash covered in melted parmesan cheese!
- 1 acorn squash, washed, cut in half, scooped and cut into 1/2 inch thick crescents
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan cheese), grated
- Toss the acorn squash crescents in the oil, thyme, salt, and pepper,lay in a single layer n a greased baking sheet and sprinkle on the parmesan cheese.
- Roast in a preheated 400F/200C oven until the squash is tender and the cheese has melted, about 15-20 minutes.
Option: Add lemon zest to the seasoning or hit the squash with a splash of lemon juice after roasting!
Option: use another cheese like asiago, grana padano, etc.
Tip: Save the seeds and make toasted pumpkin seeds!
Crispy Parmesan Roast Potatoes
Crispy Parmesan Roast Cauliflower
Parmesan Garlic Miso Butter Smashed Sweet Potatoes
Crispy Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Double Smoked Bacon
Parmesan Roasted Carrot Fries
Asiago Roasted Onions
Roast Acorn Squash, Sweet Potato and Beet Kale and Quinoa Salad with Avocado, Feta and Pomegranate in a Cilantro Lemon Tahini Dressing
Maple Roasted Acorn Squash