Smashed potatoes are a really nice way to enjoy potatoes! You roast small potatoes,
smash them down so that they are relatively flat and then roast them some more until the now exposed potato gets nice and crispy on the outside while remaining soft and tender on the inside. You can also cook sweet potatoes like this where you take the sweet potato and slice it into 1 inch thick discs, roast and then smash them just like regular potatoes. Because sweet potatoes are sweet you have some options with them including both sweet and savoury and one of my favourites are these parmesan garlic miso butter smashed sweet potatoes. Butter and miso paste are a magical combination that I enjoy using quite often and when you add garlic and parmesan things just get better, especially when you place it on roasted sweet potatoes to melt into them! Once the sweet potatoes are until tender, they are smashed and topped with the garlic miso butter and then a ton of parmesan cheese is sprinkled on top before being returned to the oven until the cheese has melted. These parmesan garlic miso butter smashed sweet potatoes are the perfect combination of sweet and savoury and they make an excellent side for any meal, especially a holiday dinner!
Parmesan Garlic Miso Butter
Parmesan Garlic Miso Butter Smashed Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes that are roasted until crispy on the bottom and tender on the inside, topped with garlic-miso-butter and plenty of melted parmesan; a sweet and savoury delight!
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1 inch thick slices
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste (optional)
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan cheese), grated
- Toss the potatoes in the oil, season with salt and pepper, place in a single layer on an oiled baking pan and bakes in a 425F/220C oven until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Smash the sweet potato slices with a fork (or a potatoes masher), top with 1/2 tablespoons of the mixture of the butter, garlic and miso, sprinkle on the cheese and place under the broiler until the cheese has melted, about 3-5 minutes.
Loaded Smashed Potatoes
Maple Pecan Melting Sweet Potatoes
Muffin Pan Maple Pecan Sweet Potato Gratins
Slow Cooker Breakfast Baked Potatoes
Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potatoes
Fully Loaded Hasselback Potatoes
Crispy Smashed Potato Pancakes with Guacamole, Pico de Gallo, Bacon and Eggs
Sweet Potato Casserole
Twice Baked Sweet Potato Potato Skins with Pecan Streusel
Crispy Greek Lemon Smashed Potatoes
Slow Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Parmesan Roasted Acorn Squash
Maple Pecan Roasted Acorn Squash