Sweet potatoes make for great side dishes and I’m always on the lookout for new ways to enjoy them! When I came across the idea for these melting sweet potatoes on Dessert for Two I knew that they would be a hit! I mean what’s not to like? Sweet potatoes? Pecans? Maple syrup? That’s all kinds of goodness in one side dish! The sweet potatoes are sliced into one inch discs and roasted in butter until the tops and bottoms are nice, golden brown and crispy and the inside roasts up nice and melt in your mouth tender and moist! The roasted sweet potatoes would be great just like that but they get even better when you top them in a pecan maple syrup! It’s almost like having dessert as a side dish! These maple pecan melting sweet potatoes will definitely be a new staple in my meals!
It’s so hard to resist just drinking up all of this maple pecan syrup!
Maple Pecan Melting Sweet Potatoes
Crispy on the outside, melt in your mouth on the inside sweet potatoes covered in a maple pecan sauce!
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch thick discs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Toss the sweet potatoes in the butter and salt, place in a single layer on a metal baking sheet, and bake in a preheated 425F/220C oven until golden brown and crispy on both sides, about 15-20 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, bring the maple syrup to a simmer in a small sauce pan over medium heat, add the pecans, bring back to a simmer and remove from heat.
- Pour the maple pecan sauce over the sweet potatoes and enjoy!
Option: Add 1/2 teaspoon of coarse sea salt to the sauce!
Option: add a pinch of cinnamon to the sauce!
Sweet Potato Casserole
Twice Baked Sweet Potato Potato Skins with Pecan Streusel (aka Individual Sweet Potato Casserole)
Sweet Potato Pecan Pie
Sweet Potato Pie Pancakes
Sweet Potato Bread with Praline Sauce
Baked Sweet Potato Oatmeal with Pecan Streusel
Roasted Potatoes in Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Greek Lemon Foil Roasted Potatoes
Cheesy Slow Cooker Bacon Ranch Potatoes
Muffin Pan Maple Pecan Sweet Potato Gratins
Breakfast Loaded Sweet Potato Fries
Parmesan Garlic Miso Butter Smashed Sweet Potatoes
Slow Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Maple Pecan Roasted Acorn Squash