Tomorrow is Cinco de May and these crispy smashed potato pancakes with guacamole, pico de gallo, bacon and eggs are a great way to kick off the celebrations! The idea here is that you take some cooked potatoes and smash them down into pancake like discs, brush them with oil and bake them until the are nice and golden brown, crispy and all sorts of good! I give them a “Mexican” kick by topping them with plenty of melted cheddar cheese, guacamole, crispy bacon, a fried egg with a runny yolk and finally a fresh tomato salsa, aka pico de gallo! There are just so many amazing flavours going on in these crispy smashed potato pancakes with guacamole, pico de gallo, bacon and eggs which are great for breakfast lunch or dinner!
Crispy Smashed Potato Pancakes with Guacamole, Pico de Gallo, Bacon and Eggs
A crispy smashed potato served topped with melted cheese, cool and creamy guacamole, crispy bacon, a fried egg with a runny yolk and a fresh tomato salsa!
- 4 medium potatoes, scrubbed and pricked with a fork
- 1 teaspoon oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 strips bacon
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup pico de gallo (fresh tomato salsa)
- Bake the potatoes on a baking sheet in a preheated 425F/220C oven until just tender, about 40-60 minutes.
- Brush the potatoes with oil, season with salt and pepper and bake them on the top shelf of a preheated 450F/230C oven until golden brown and crispy on top, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the bacon and set aside on paper towels to drain
- Sprinkle the cheese on the potatoes and bake until melted, about 5 minutes.
- Cook the eggs as desires.
- Plate the crispy smashed potatoes, top with the guacamole, fried egg and pico de gallo and enjoy!
Option: Use your favourite taco style condiments like salsa, sour cream, pickled jalapenos, etc.
Loaded Smashed Potatoes
Baked Avocado with Bacon and Eggs
Avocado Breakfast Pizza with Fried Egg
Eggs Benedict with Bacon, Avodaise (Avocado Hollandaise) and Harissa
Bacon Jam and Guacamole Quesadilla topped with a Fried Egg and Bacon Jam Vinaigrette Drizzle
Poached Egg on Toast with Chipotle Mayonnaise, Bacon and Avocado
Chipotle Sweet Potato and Black Bean Hash with Guacamole
Bacon Guacamole Deviled Eggs
Bacon Jam and Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Creamy Avocado/Guacamole Egg Salad Sandwich
Slow Cooker Breakfast Baked Potatoes
Parmesan Garlic Miso Butter Smashed Sweet Potatoes
Crispy Greek Lemon Smashed Potatoes
Chipotle Bacon and Egg Quesadillas
Heather Christo says
This looks like a dreamy breakfast!
Now this looks like a breakfast that would even satisfy my hungry boys!
Julie Wampler says
Love the smashed taters!!! They look amazing!
Connie Hatch-Feir says
At what point do you smash the potatoes? What is the best way to smash?
Gee Gee says
Oh, Kevin…you are killing me!!! I ditch any diet for this one!