For me, side dishes are the fun part of a big dinner like Thanksgiving and this year I am making these crispy parmesan roast potatoes! You know when you are making a grilled cheese sandwich and some cheese oozes out of the sandwich, cooks in the pan and gets all nice and crispy and all sorts of good? You know, the best part of the grilled cheese sandwich! Well that’s what these roasted potatoes are all about! Parmesan cheese is sprinkled into a baking pan and topped with the potatoes before roasting and the cheese cooks on the bottom of the baking dish just like on the bottom of the grilled cheese sandwiches pan and it gets golden brown and after letting it cool/set for a few minutes after pulling it out, it gets crispy! These roast potatoes are melt in your mouth soft and tender on the inside and crispy n the outside and just pack with melted cheese flavour! Yum! Step aside French fries, there a new king of potatoes in town!
I added cajun seasoning to the potatoes in these photos!
Serve as a side or with a dipping sauce!
Crispy Parmesan Roast Potatoes
Potatoes roasted with parmesan cheese that get all sort of nice and golden brown, crispy and good! Seriously better than french fries!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1/2 pounds small (1 to 1.5 inch diameter) potatoes, cut in half
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brush the oil on the bottom of a baking dish and sprinkle on the parmesan.
- Toss the potatoes in the oil, salt and pepper and press into the parmesan with the cut side down.
- Roast in a preheated 400F/200C oven until the parmesan is nice and golden brown and the potatoes are tender, about 20-25 minutes, before removing from the oven to let cool for 5 minutes and breaking them apart.
Roasted Potatoes in Creamy Mushroom and Miso Sauce
Greek Lemon Foil Roasted Potatoes
Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potatoes
Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower
Roasted Cauliflower Satay with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
Roast Head of Cauliflower in Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Crispy Parmesan Roast Cauliflower
Parmesan Roasted Carrot Fries
Crispy Greek Lemon Smashed Potatoes