After making the summery version of the parmesan crusted pesto tilapia bruschetta I could not help but think to update this fall/winter version. The only difference between these recipes is that the summer version uses beautiful fresh ripe tomatoes but when they are not available this version works better, roasting the tomatoes to help concentrate and bring out more of their flavour. This dish could not be easier to make, you simply sprinkle the parmeson on the fillets and broil them along with the cherry tomatoes until the fish is cooked and the tomatoes have roasted up and started to burst. If you are looking for a tasty, quick and light dish you really cannot go wrong with this parmesan crusted pesto tilapia with roasted tomatoes!
I like to use small tomatoes on the vine for a nicer presentation.
Parmesan Crusted Pesto Tilapia with Roasted Tomatoes
A light, simple and delightful tilapia fillet topped with melted parmesan, basil pesto and roasted tomatoes.
- 4 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup parmigiano-reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes or small tomatoes on the vine
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- Season the fillets with salt and pepper, sprinkle on the parmesan and broil along with the cherry tomatoes until the parmesan is golden brown and the fish is no longer translucent, about 10-12 minutes. (Tip: Broil the tomatoes on aluminum foil to catch all of the juices.)
- Serve the fish topped with pesto and roasted tomatoes.
Parmesan Crusted Pesto Tilapia Bruschetta
Bruschetta Chicken Pesto Tart
Caprese Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Tomato and Basil Pesto Parmesan Tart
Pesto Grilled Shrimp Caprese Quesadillas
Diced Caprese Salad with a Pesto Dressing
Stacked Diced Caprese Salad
Caprese Chicken Pesto Pasta
Pesto Grilled Chicken, Zucchini and Tomato Skewers