There is just something magical about the butter garlic flavour combination and this lemon and dill butter garlic chicken with asparagus is a quick and easy, light and tasty take on it! Normally butter-garlic chicken is seared in butter in a pan until golden brown before adding plenty of garlic, and this chicken is finished off with a hit of lemon juice and some chopped dill which adds a fresh brightness to the dish making it perfect summer fare! One-pan meals are always convenient and for this one it’s easy to pan sear a veggie, like asparagus or green beans in the pan before adding the chicken or adding broccoli, peas, etc. after the chicken is cooked to simmer in the sauce until tender. Speaking of the sauce, I like to have a lot of sauce so I tend to add chicken broth to the garlic-butter sauce so that there is extra to spread over a veggie or for tossing with pasta or serving over steamed rice or quinoa. All said and done, this pan seared chicken in lemon and dill butter garlic sauce comes together in less than 3 minutes, making it super quick and easy meal for any night!
Lemon and Dill Butter Garlic Chicken and Asparagus
Pan seared butter-garlic chicken and asparagus in a tasty lemon and dill sauce!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound chicken, boneless and skinless, butterflied
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 lemon, juice and zest (about 1/4 cup juice)
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dry dill)
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat, add the asparagus and cook until tender, before setting aside.
- Add the butter, and melt before adding the chicken, seasoned with salt and pepper to taste, and cooking until lightly golden brown on all sides, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the broth, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and dill and enjoy!
Option: Replace the asparagus with another vegetable like green beans.
Option: Omit the dill and/or replace with another herb.
Option: Omit the chicken broth for less sauce.
Option: Mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch into the lemon juice, before adding, and let it simmer until the sauce thickens for a thicker sauce.
Creamy Lemon Grilled Chicken, Asparagus and Artichoke Pasta
Garlic Butter Skillet Steak Bites and Potatoes
Cajun Garlic Butter Steak Bites
Chicken in a Creamy Parmesan and Sundried Tomato Sauce
Cilantro Lime Skillet Chicken
Creamy Lemon Chicken
Spinach and Artichoke Skillet Chicken with Sundried Tomatoes
Broccoli and Bacon Chicken Alfredo Linguine