A nice omelette is always welcome for breakfast and this is one of my favourites, a bacon and brie omelette! Omelettes are so easy to make, it’s pretty much just eggs that are cooked in a pan until almost set, topped with a filling and then half is folded over to form a pocket. You can season the eggs with herbs and other flavours and you can stuff the omelettes with whatever your heart desires; you really can’t go wrong with bacon and plenty of melted cheese, like brie! I usually like to keep these bacon and brie omelettes nice and simple but they are also great with the addition of fresh basil and/or baby spinach, tomatoes, avocado! Yum! If you are looking for a quick and easy breakfast that is sure to impress, then these bacon and brie omelettes are perfect! (They are an amazing treat for mom this Mother’s Day!
Bacon and Brie Omelette
A soft and fluffy omelette stuffed with bacon and melted brie that is so easy to make!
- 2 slices of bacon
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk (or cream)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 ounces brie, sliced thinly
- Cook the bacon in a small (4-6″) pan (preferably no-stick), set aside on paper towels to drain before crumbling into large pieces.
- Drain most of the bacon grease out of the pan, pour in the mixture of the egg, milk, salt and pepper and let cover the bottom of the pan.
- Cook until the egg starts to set before sprinkling the brie and bacon over half of the egg and folding the other half over to cover.
- Cook until the cheese melts, about a minute before sliding onto a plate to enjoy!
Option: Add diced tomatoes!
Option: Add diced avocado!
Bacon Cheeseburger Omelette
Pesto Caprese Omelette
Pad Thai Omelette
Italian Sausage and Roasted Red Pepper Omelette
Pan Seared Balsamic Strawberry Chicken and Brie
Bacon Jam Crostini with Melted Brie and Roasted Tomatoes
Turkey, Cranberry, Brie and Pear Sandwiches with Avocado and Bacon
Cranberry and Brie Turkey Grilled Cheese with Avocado and Bacon