Shitake mushroom and spinach is another one of my favorite miso soups. When choosing ingredients for miso soup it is good to choose ingredients that have different properties. For example: some that are firm with some that are soft, some that float with some that sink or some that have a dark colour with some that have a light colour.
1 cup dashi
1 handful shitake mushrooms
1 handful baby spinach
1 tablespoon miso
1 green onion (chopped)
1. Bring the dashi and shitake to a boil in a small sauce pan.
2. Remove from heat.
3. Add the spinach. (It will wilt quickly in the still warm liquid.)
4. Dissolve the miso with some of the heated dashi in a separate bowl. (We do not want to boil the miso as it will not taste as good.)
5. Add the miso back to the soup.
6. Pour the soup into a bowl and top with green onion.
Looking for more soup recipes? Get the Closet Cooking Soup Cookbook Tasty Soups!