One of the nice things about miso soup is that you can use whatever ingredients are in season at the time. With zucchini or courgettes in season now, I have been enjoying zucchini and onion miso soup with my breakfasts.
1 cup dashi
1 small zucchini (sliced)
1 small onion (sliced)
1 tablespoon miso
1 green onion (chopped)
1. Bring the dashi, zucchini and onion to a boil in a small sauce pan.
2. Simmer until the zucchini and onion are cooked.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Dissolve the miso with some of the heated dashi in a separate bowl. (We do not want to boil the miso as it will not taste as good.)
5. Add the miso back to the soup.
6. Pour the soup into a bowl and top with green onion.
Looking for more soup recipes?