One of the nice things about miso soup is that you can use whatever ingredients are in season at the time. With zucchini or courgettes in season now, I have been enjoying zucchini and onion miso soup with my breakfasts.
Zucchini and Onion Miso Soup
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 15 minutes Servings: 1
- 1 cup dashi
- 1 small zucchini (sliced)
- 1 small onion (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon miso (gluten free for gluten free)
- 1 green onion (chopped)
- Bring the dashi, zucchini and onion to a boil in a small sauce pan.
- Simmer until the zucchini and onion are cooked.
- Remove from heat.
- Dissolve the miso with some of the heated dashi in a separate bowl. (We do not want to boil the miso as it will not taste as good.)
- Add the miso back to the soup.
- Pour the soup into a bowl and top with green onion.
Looking for more soup recipes?
Amanda at Little Foodies says
I don’t know why but whenever I’ve used miso it just hasn’t tasted great. I want to use it as I think it’s healthy and like you say you can change what you put in it.