I picked up a cantaloupe at the farmers market on the weekend. I was enjoying it with some blueberries and I wondered if there were any other interesting ways of eating cantaloupe. I looked around the web and found several melon salad recipes that sounded tasty. A few of them caught my attention because they contained prosciutto. How can you go wrong with a salad that contains melon, prosciutto, goats cheese and toasted pine nuts? It seems that I have been eating a lot of salads lately. Salads really do seem to hit the spot on warm summer days.
Melon Salad with Prosciutto and Goats Cheese
- 1 handful lettuce
- 1 serving cantaloupe (sliced)
- 1/2 ounce prosciutto
- 1/2 ounce goats cheese (crumbled)
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts (toasted)
- 1 tablespoon basil (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and peppers to taste
- Arrange the lettuce on the plate and top with the cantaloupe, prosciutto, goats cheese, toasted pine nuts and basil.
- Mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper and pour on the salad.