Raspberry vinaigrette is one of my favorite salad dressings. When I came across this post with a home made blackberry vinaigrette I bookmarked it to try later. I remembered this salad when I saw the blackberries at the farmers market on the weekend. I just used the salad greens that I had on hand and some prosciutto and goats cheese that were in the fridge. This made for a tasty and summery salad. I really enjoyed the blackberry vinaigrette.
In general I have liked making my own salad dressing this summer. They are fresh and I know exactly what is in them. I can make them exactly as I like modifying them each time until they are just right. One of the biggest benefits is that I can make the dressing in individual servings. This way I can make a different dressing the next day and not have to finish an entire bottle before moving on to a new dressing.
Blackberry Salad with Blackberry Vinaigrette
- 1 serving lettuce greens
- 3 slices prosciutto (torn)
- 1 ounce goats cheese (crumbled)
- 1 handful blackberries
- 3 blackberries
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Assemble the salad with the lettuce, prosciutto, goats cheese and blackberries.
- Mash the blackberries in a small bowl and remove any large chunks.
- Mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey into the mashed blackberries.
- Pour the dressing onto the salad and top with salt and pepper to taste.