The other day I had the Food Network on in the background and the Ina Garten was making a roasted pepper and goat cheese sandwich. The sandwich sounded tasty! I really like both roasted red peppers and goat cheese. I decided to take the base idea of a sandwich with roasted red peppers and goat cheese and go from there. I thought that grilled chicken would go really well in the sandwich. I also thought that the sandwich still needed some more flavour and a bit of moisture. Then a great idea hit me. How about balsamic glazed chicken? The reduced balsamic sauce would add lots of flavour to the sandwich and any extra sauce would be soaked up by the bun. The sandwich still needed a bit of green and I though that fresh basil leaves would be the perfect fit. As for the bread, I went with my favorite sandwich bread, ciabatta, which I toasted lightly so that is was slightly crunchy and nice and warm. The balsamic glazed chicken sandwich with roasted red peppers and goat cheese turned out to be really tasty!
1 teaspoon oil
1 chicken breast
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 slices of bread or 1 bun cut in half (toasted if desired)
1 roasted red pepper
4 basil leaves
1/2 ounce goat cheese
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the chicken breast and cook for about 6 minutes on each side.
3. Remove the chicken and set aside.
4. Add the balsamic vinegar and soy sauce and deglaze the pan.
5. Add the chicken and simmer until the sauce reduces turning the chicken occasionally to coat.
6. Place the chicken on the bottom slice of bread/bun and pour the remaining glaze onto it. Add the roasted red pepper, basil leaves and goats cheese.
Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Panini with Cilantro Pesto and Feta
Grilled Vegetable Panini
Roasted Red Pepper, Pistachio and Feta Stuffed Chicken
Grilled Chicken and Club Sandwich