The other day I saw a recipe with oven roasted mushrooms and I thought, that would make a nice pesto. Instead of the standard pine nuts and basil I went with more earthy toned walnuts and parsley.
1 cup water
1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms (or Shiitake)
1 tablespoon oil
4 ounces cremini mushrooms (quarterd)
salt and pepper to taste
1 clove garlic
2 tablespoons walnuts (toasted)
4 tablespoons grated parmigiano-reggiano
2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Boil the water and remove from heat.
2. Add the porcini mushrooms mushrooms and soak for 15 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 400F.
4. Toss the cremini mushrooms in the oil with the salt and pepper.
5. Place the cremini mushrooms in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
6. Place everything into a food processor and blend.
Wild Mushroom and Double Smoked Bacon Linguine
Take a look at the Presto Pasta Nights roundup at Once Upon a Feast.