The other day I saw a recipe with oven roasted mushrooms and I thought, that would make a nice pesto. Instead of the standard pine nuts and basil I went with more earthy toned walnuts and parsley.
Roasted Mushroom Pesto on Penne
- 1 cup water
- 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms (or Shiitake)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms (quarterd)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons walnuts (toasted)
- 4 tablespoons grated parmigiano-reggiano
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Boil the water and remove from heat.
- Add the porcini mushrooms mushrooms and soak for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C.
- Toss the cremini mushrooms in the oil with the salt and pepper.
- Place the cremini mushrooms in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Place everything into a food processor and blend.
- Serve on penne or gluten free penne and enjoy!
Wild Mushroom and Double Smoked Bacon Linguine