Continuing on my texmex kick, a lasagna with layers of meat, cheese and jalapenos.
1 pound ground beef
1 onion (chopped)
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon oregano
salt and pepper to taste
1 & 1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 can kidney beans (drained & rinsed)
1 can corn
1 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
1 cup montery jack cheese (grated)
2 cups cottage cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 jar sliced jalapeno peppers
2 flour tortillas
1/4 cup black olives (sliced, optional)
1. Cook the meat and the onion until the meat is done and the onion is tender.
2. Drain the fat.
3. Add the chili powder, cumin, tomato sauce, oregano, salt, pepper kidney beans and corn.
4. Cook for 5-10 minutes and remove from heat.
5. Mix 3/4 of the cheddar and 3/4 of the montery jack cheese with the cottage cheese and the sour cream.
6. Spread 1/3 of the meat mixture on the bottom of a baking dish.
7. Add a tortilla to the baking dish.
8. Add 1/2 of the cheese mixture.
9. Add 1/2 of the chili peppers.
10. Repeat 6-9 until done.
11. Top with the remaining cheese and black olives.
12. Bake in a per-heated 350F oven for about 30 minutes.
King Ranch Chicken Casserole