Continuing on my texmex kick, a lasagna with layers of meat, cheese and jalapenos.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 & 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 can kidney beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 can corn
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 cup montery jack cheese (grated)
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 jar sliced jalapeno peppers
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup black olives (sliced, optional)
- Cook the meat and the onion until the meat is done and the onion is tender.
- Drain the fat.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, tomato sauce, oregano, salt, pepper kidney beans and corn.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes and remove from heat.
- Mix 3/4 of the cheddar and 3/4 of the montery jack cheese with the cottage cheese and the sour cream.
- Spread 1/3 of the meat mixture on the bottom of a baking dish.
- Add a tortilla to the baking dish.
- Add 1/2 of the cheese mixture.
- Add 1/2 of the chili peppers.
- Repeat 6-9 until done.
- Top with the remaining cheese and black olives.
- Bake in a per-heated 350F/180C oven for about 30 minutes.