Tonight was a night for cleaning out the fridge. I had some veal, cream, parsley and of course some lemons. I really liked the lemon and cream combination. I imagine that a lemon and cream sauce would work well on many dishes.
Now I am looking forward to filling up the fridge again. I have a meal plan and a grocery list and I will be heading out to the market tomorrow.
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon butter
1 serving veal scaloppine
salt and pepper
1 lemon (zest and juice)
1/4 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
1. Heat the butter and oil in a pan.
2. Dredge the veal in the flour and season with salt and pepper.
3. Brown both sides on the veal in the pan.
4. Remove the veal from the pan and set aside.
5. Pour the chicken stock into the pan.
6. Add the lemon zest and juice.
7. Scrape the bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
8. Add the cream and reduce to the desired thickness.
9. Remove from heat and stir in the parsley.
10. Pour the sauce on the veal.
Veal Scallopini with Sundried Tomato Sauce
Veal Scaloppine with Mushroom Marsala Sauce