When I was at the grocery store I saw some nice looking veal and picked it up. I tried chicken marsala a while ago and really liked it so I decided to do a veal marsala. I started with Marcella Hazan’s recipe for “Veal Scaloppine with Marsala” and added mushrooms and fresh parsley. It was really tasty. The marsala sauce goes really well with veal.
Veal Scaloppine with Mushroom Marsala Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 ounces of mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 serving veal scaloppine
- * flour
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup dry marsala wine
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream (optional)
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Fry the mushrooms until they are golden brown and set aside.
- Heat the butter and oil in a pan.
- Dredge the veal in the flour.
- Brown both sides on the veal in the pan.
- Remove the veal from the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the marsala into the pan.
- Scrape the bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Add the mushrooms (and cream if you are using it) and simmer for a few minutes to reduce the sauce.
- Remove from heat and stir in the parsley.
- Pour the sauce on the veal.