Tonight was a night for cleaning out the fridge. I had some veal, cream, parsley and of course some lemons. I really liked the lemon and cream combination. I imagine that a lemon and cream sauce would work well on many dishes.
Now I am looking forward to filling up the fridge again. I have a meal plan and a grocery list and I will be heading out to the market tomorrow.
Veal Scaloppine with Lemon Cream Sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 serving veal scaloppine
- * flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- Heat the butter and oil in a pan.
- Dredge the veal in the flour and season with salt and pepper.
- Brown both sides on the veal in the pan.
- Remove the veal from the pan and set aside.
- Pour the chicken stock into the pan.
- Add the lemon zest and juice.
- Scrape the bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Add the cream and reduce to the desired thickness.
- Remove from heat and stir in the parsley.
- Pour the sauce on the veal.