I have really been enjoying the eggplants this year. I just had to try and eggplant miso soup. I ended up doing an oven roasted eggplant and mushroom miso soup. Simple oven roasted eggplant is really good. The oven roasted mushrooms added a really nice flavour to the broth. I think that this oven roasted eggplant and mushroom miso soup is my new favorite miso soup!
Oven Roasted Eggplant and Mushroom Miso Soup
- 1 slice eggplant (1/2 inch thick)
- 4 cremini mushrooms (quartered)
- 1 cup dashi
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 1 green onion (chopped)
- Broil the eggplant and mushrooms in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Cut the eggplant into bite sized pieces.
- Bring the dashi, eggplant and mushrooms to a boil in a small sauce pan.
- Remove from heat.
- Dissolve the miso with some of the heated dashi in a separate bowl. (We do not want to boil the miso as it will not taste as good.)
- Add the miso back to the soup.
- Pour the soup into a bowl and top with green onion.