Last week I made a meyer lemon pesto that I enjoyed so much that I just had to make it again. One of my favourite ways of enjoying a freshly made pesto is on a simple pasta that allows the flavours of the pesto to shine. I have also been getting back into shrimp lately and I could not resist adding some to the mix. While I was pulling things out of the fridge to make this meal, I noticed some feta and I thought that it would make a nice addition. As with most pesto pastas, this one was super easy to make and it was pretty much done in as much time as it took to cook the pasta. I was going to just mix the cooked shrimp, pesto and feta and toss it with the pasta but after cooking the shrimp, I could not let all of those browned bits of flavour on the bottom of the pan go to waste so I added the extra step of deglazing the pan with a bit of white wine to get all of that flavour. The meyer lemon pesto and feta pasta with shrimp was so good! Using the full meyer lemon in the pesto really works well giving the pesto an amazing brightness and freshness that paired particularly well with the salty feta and juicy shrimp.
Meyer Lemon Pesto and Feta Pasta with Shrimp
- 1 pound pasta (gluten free for gluten free)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound shrimp (shelled and de-veined)
- 1/4 cup white wine (of broth)
- 1 batch meyer lemon pesto
- 1/2 cup feta (crumbled)
- Cook the pasta as directed.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the shrimp and cook until done, about 2-3 minutes per side, and set aside.
- Add the white wine, deglaze the pan, remove from heat and mix in the pesto.
- Mix the feta into the pesto and toss with the pasta to coat.