These strawberry bruschetta with bacon, candied pecans and goat cheese with a balsamic drizzle combine some of my favourite flavours and they are perfect for summer entertaining! Normally I would use these ingredients in a salad but they also work well in bruschetta form as finger food when entertaining. The juicy strawberries pair perfectly with the creamy goat cheese, the salty bacon and the tart balsamic vinegar and I like to top everything off with a touch of fresh basil to brighten things up! The candied pecans add a nice sweet crunch, though you could easily substitute regular pecans.
Strawberry Bruschetta with Bacon, Candied Pecans and Goat Cheese with a Balsamic Drizzle
A tasty summer crostini with strawberries, bacon, candied pecans and creamy goat cheese topped with a balsamic drizzle and fresh basil.
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 strips bacon
- 12 slices baguette
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup candied pecans or pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons basil, julienned
For the balsamic reduction:
For the crostini:
- Simmer the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar over medium heat until it reduces and thickens, about 5 minutes, and let cool.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon and crumble it.
- Lightly brush the crostini with oil and toast or grill until lightly golden brown.
- Mix the strawberries, bacon, pecans and goat cheese, divide it amongst the crostini, drizzle with the balsamic reduction, garnish with the basil and enjoy.