Bruschetta is grilled bread rubbed with olive oil and garlic that I like to top with fresh tomatoes and seasoned with a hit of balsamic vinegar. These zucchini bruschetta bites are a tasty alternative where the toast is replaced with slices of zucchini making for some light, bite sized treats! Zucchini is one of my favourite summer vegetables and it’s always nice to be able to use it in fun and tasty ways and bruschetta is a great way to enjoy it! As nice as zucchini bruschetta is all by itself it can be a little messy as the tomatoes like to jump off so I top it with some melted mozzarella which helps keep things together; you can never go wrong adding cheese! Whether you are looking for an appetizer, snack or even a light meal these zucchini bruschetta bites are the perfect summer finger food!
Zucchini Bruschetta Bites
Tomato bruschetta on bite sized slices of zucchini topped with melted cheese!
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 2 cups tomato, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons basil, thinly sliced or chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- Top the zucchini slices with the mixture of the tomatoes, basil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper, sprinkle on the cheese and broil or grill until the cheese has melted.
Zucchini Pizza Bites
Bruschetta Chicken Pesto Tart
Pesto Zucchini Fritters with Caprese Bruschetta Topping
Caprese Stuffed Avocados
Parmesan Crusted Pesto Tilapia Bruschetta
Strawberry Bruschetta with Bacon, Candied Pecans and Goat Cheese with a Balsamic Drizzle
Pesto Grilled Chicken, Zucchini and Tomato Skewers
Crispy Lemon Parmesan Zucchini Chips with Basil Aioli
Blackened Shrimp Avocado Cucumber Bites