Roast carrots make for a quick and easy side dish and you can dress them up in different flavours, like these honey balsamic carrots! The carrots are simply peeled and cut into bite sized pieces before tossing in oil and roasting until tender. While the carrots are roasting the honey and balsamic vinegar are heated and reduced a bit before adding the garlic and thyme. I like to serve these carrots with a crumble of goat cheese, which starts to melt from the heat of the roasted carrots!
Honey Balsamic Roasted Carrots
Tender roast carrots tossed in a honey balsamic sauce!
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced/grated
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, chopped (optional)
- Toss the carrots in the oil, salt and pepper, arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast in a preheated 425F/220C oven until tender, about 18-20 minutes, turning the carrots half way through.
- Heat the honey and balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over medium heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and mix in the garlic and thyme.
- Toss the roasted carrots in and honey balsamic sauce and enjoy!
Option: Add a splash of hot sauce, such as sriracha.
Option: Add red onion; slice it into 1/2 inch wedges and roast it with the carrots.
Option: Serve garnished with crumbled chevre, goat cheese, feta, etc,; sprinkle on while still warm to let the cheese
Honey Sesame Roasted Carrots
Honey Sriracha Roasted Carrots
Maple Dijon Roasted Carrots
Maple Glazed Bacon Wrapped Roasted Carrots
Maple Roasted Carrots in Tahini Sauce with Pomegranate and Pistachios
Greek Lemon Foil Roasted Potatoes
Maple Sriracha Roasted Cauliflower
Parmesan Roasted Carrot Fries