Having seen this recipe for Asparagus Pesto I just had to try it and it was very good. One of the best pestos that I have made. (Note: The spinach helps keep the bright green colour.)
Asparagus Pesto on Penne
- 1 cup asparagus (cleaned, trimmed, blanched and chopped)
- 1/4 cup spinach (optional, helps keep the pesto nice and green)
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts (toasted)
- 1/4 cup parmigiano-reggiano (grated)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- lemon juice to taste (optional)
- salt to taste
- Place everything into a food processor and blend.
- Serve on penne or gluten-free penne and enjoy!