Having seen this recipe for Asparagus Pesto I just had to try it and it was very good. One of the best pestos that I have made. (Note: The spinach helps keep the bright green colour.)
Asparagus Pesto on Penne
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes Servings: 4
- 1 cup asparagus (cleaned, trimmed, blanched and chopped)
- 1/4 cup spinach (optional, helps keep the pesto nice and green)
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts (toasted)
- 1/4 cup parmigiano-reggiano (grated)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- lemon juice to taste (optional)
- salt to taste
- Place everything into a food processor and blend.
- Serve on penne or gluten-free penne and enjoy!
Kevin, i came across this pesto,sounds absolutely fantastic.Asparagus and spinach , healthy combo!!!!!!!
MMMMM….Kevin: what a great idea to make an asparagus & spinach pesto! I love this dish!!
I made this asparagus pesto last night. It was absolutely delicious and went really well with the chicken piccata.
The bright green color was fantastic too!