Since I am cooking in a closet sized kitchen I do not have room for a lot of utensils and devices. A mixer/blender is one of the things that I live without. I also forgot to pick up a whisk so I ended up whipping the egg whites with a fork. It took quite a bit of time. I was whipping the egg whites for 20-30 minutes. A treat that you have to work for!
It is a pretty simple recipe with only 2 required ingredients and a touch of vanilla for some flavour. You can make them in any shape that you want from a bite sized treat to a pie topping. This time I made them like cookies.
- 2 egg whites (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Lay parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Beat the egg whites until they form peaks that do not fall over when pointed up.
- Slowly mix in the sugar and vanilla extract.
- Beat the mixture until it once again forms peaks that do not fall over when pointed up.
- Place the mixture on the parchment paper in whatever form you desire.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes.