With strawberries being in season I am looking for tasty strawberry recipes. A strawberry pavlova fits the bill. A pavlova is a meringue based dessert where the meringue is formed into a shell and topped with whipped cream and berries.
Whipping the cream with forks took much less time than whipping the egg whites for the meringue. Another treat that requires a bit of work to enjoy.
- 1/4 cup whipping cream (chilled)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 serving of strawberries (cleaned and hulled)
- 1 meringue formed into a shell
- Whip the cream with a mixer, a whisk or a fork.
- Slowly add the sugar while whipping.
- It is done when it forms soft peaks. (Soft peaks means that the peaks will fall slowly.)
- Place the strawberries and whipped cream in the meringue shell.