With strawberries being in season I am looking for tasty strawberry recipes. A strawberry pavlova fits the bill. A pavlova is a meringue based dessert where the meringue is formed into a shell and topped with whipped cream and berries.
Whipping the cream with forks took much less time than whipping the egg whites for the meringue. Another treat that requires a bit of work to enjoy.
- 1/4 cup whipping cream (chilled)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 serving of strawberries (cleaned and hulled)
- 1 meringue formed into a shell
- Whip the cream with a mixer, a whisk or a fork.
- Slowly add the sugar while whipping.
- It is done when it forms soft peaks. (Soft peaks means that the peaks will fall slowly.)
- Place the strawberries and whipped cream in the meringue shell.
Strawberry Cheesecake Crepes
Peter M says
Utterly decadent and it looks very tasty!
Ooo! Ooo! Mmm!
And adding, “You did this with FORKS!?!?” Wow. That almost justifies the calories…
Made this and my boyfriend loved it! Thanks for the recipe. It's a keeper.