I have been seeing some pretty amazing looking homemade gourmet popcorn going around the food blogging sphere for a while now and I have always wanted to try my hands at making some! With the holiday season here I was thinking that specialty popcorn would make for some spectacular gifts, I mean who wouldn't be happy to receive a bag of this as a gift! On the top of my list of popcorns to try was a cookies and cream popcorn that I came across on Chef in Training a while ago. This popcorn basically takes the idea of cookies and cream and turns it into popcorn by attaching crumbled bits of oreo cookies to the popcorn with melted creamy white chocolate. The next best thing about this popcorn is how easy it is to make! You just need to mix the popped popcorn with the crumbled cookies along with the melted white chocolate and then wait for the chocolate to set again. You could be enjoying a bowl of this wonderful popcorn in less than a half an hour with less than 10 minutes of effort!
Just look at those chunks of cookie!
Cookies and Cream Popcorn
Popcorn coated in creamy white chocolate and crumbled oreo cookies!
Servings: makes 2-4 servings
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Cool Time: 24 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup popcorn kernels or 1 bag popcorn, popped
- 12 oreo cookies, coarsely crushed
- 6 ounces white chocolate, melted
- Mix the popcorn, crumbled cookies and melted chocolate until well combined, spread the mixture out on a baking sheet and let sit until the chocolate has set. (Tip: Chill in the fridge if you want the chocolate to set faster.)
- Break any large clumps up and enjoy!
Homemade Microwave Popcorn
Peppermint Candy Cane Popcorn