I have really been into homemade popcorn lately, making it both for snacking and for gift giving and up next is a festive peppermint candy cane popcorn that is perfect for the holiday season! Specialty popcorns like caramel popcorn cost and arm and a leg compared to what you get and it turns out that they can be supper easy to make them at home. This peppermint candy cane popcorn is as easy to make as microwaving some popcorn kernels in a paper bag, mixing them with some melted white chocolate and crushed peppermint candy canes before letting it set and enjoying it. The creamy white chocolate goes surprisingly well on popcorn and the peppermint candy cane adds a nice contrast in texture along with the pepperminty goodness. If you have the time to get one more homemade gift in for the holidays this is a great last minute option!
Peppermint Candy Cane Popcorn
Festive holiday peppermint candy cane popcorn that makes a perfect snack or gift!
Servings: makes 2-4 servings
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Cool Time: 24 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup popcorn kernels or 1 bag popcorn, popped
- 1/3 cup peppermint candy cane, crushed
- 6 ounces white chocolate, melted
- Mix the popcorn, crushed candy cane and melted chocolate until well combined, spread the mixture out on a baking sheet and let sit until the chocolate has set. (Tip: Chill in the fridge if you want the chocolate to set faster.)
- Break any large clumps up and enjoy!
Homemade Microwave Popcorn
Cookies and Cream Popcorn