I was going through some photos when came across this one of brussels sprouts, pancetta and chestnuts. I made this a while ago when I made some roasted chestnuts . I was looking for some recipes using chestnuts an I found a few for brussels sprouts and chestnuts. Given that they are both in season at the same time it is not so surprising that they would used together. I had also been looking for some brussels sprouts recipes so this one made it to my meal plan right away. It was pretty good. The slightly sweet chestnuts went well with the saltiness of pancetta and brightened up the brussels sprouts nicely.
Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta and Chestnuts
- 1 pound brussels sprouts (trimmed and cleaned)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 ounces pancetta (chopped)
- 2 ounces roasted chestnuts (chopped)
- Boil the brussels sprouts in water until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the pancetta and saute until just crispy, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the chestnuts and saute until warm.
- Add the brussels sprouts and toss to coat.
Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta and Parmigiano Reggiano
Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta, Pine Nuts and Parmigiano Reggiano
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Vinegar, Pine Nuts and Parmigiano Reggiano
Italian Lentil and Chestnut Stew
Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Covered in Melted Gorgonzola