It was the middle of the week and I had not planned on making an apple dessert but I was craving one. I had recently caramelized pears in a pan with butter and sugar and I thought that it should work with apples too. I normally like to have some vanilla ice cream with my apple desserts but I did not have any on hand. I did have some mascarpone and I decided to use that with some maple syrup mixed in. It turned out to be a pretty tasty warm apple dessert that was super quick.
Caramelized Apple with Maple Mascarpone
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 apple (peeled, cored, sliced)
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Add the apples, sprinkle on the sugar and cinnamon and saute until golden brown.
- Top the apples with the maple mixed into the mascarpone.
Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone and Balsamic Syrup