With local cherries in season I have been looking for interesting cherry recipes. In particular I was looking for some savory dishes in addition to sweet dishes. I came across
dish which looked very tasty. I of course made some changes. Instead of frying the chicken in ginger I made
. I also dropped the honey as my teriyaki sauce is sweet enough. I used "boston" lettuce leaves and they held together while they were being eaten. This dish was very tasty! I imagine that it would also be good as a salad or as a wrap.
Cherry Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1/4 pound chicken teriyaki (sliced into bite sized pieces)
- 1 cup cherries (pitted and halved)
- 1 carrot (shredded)
- 1 stalk celery (chopped)
- 1 cup green onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds (toasted)
- 1 tablespoon almond oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- lettuce leaves
- Mix the "salad": the chicken, cherries, carrot, celery, green onion and toasted almonds.
- Mix the dressing: the oil, rice vinegar, and teriyaki sauce in a small bowl.
- Toss the salad and the dressing.
- Place the salad on the lettuce leaves.