With local cherries in season I have been looking for interesting cherry recipes. In particular I was looking for some savory dishes in addition to sweet dishes. I came across this dish which looked very tasty. I of course made some changes. Instead of frying the chicken in ginger I made chicken teriyaki . I also dropped the honey as my teriyaki sauce is sweet enough. I used “boston” lettuce leaves and they held together while they were being eaten. This dish was very tasty! I imagine that it would also be good as a salad or as a wrap.
Cherry Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1/4 pound chicken teriyaki (sliced into bite sized pieces)
- 1 cup cherries (pitted and halved)
- 1 carrot (shredded)
- 1 stalk celery (chopped)
- 1 cup green onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds (toasted)
- 1 tablespoon almond oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- lettuce leaves
- Mix the “salad”: the chicken, cherries, carrot, celery, green onion and toasted almonds.
- Mix the dressing: the oil, rice vinegar, and teriyaki sauce in a small bowl.
- Toss the salad and the dressing.
- Place the salad on the lettuce leaves.
Annie Elizabeth says
oh , Cherry Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps sound delicious. I love the addition of the cherries.
What a beautiful dish! I would have never thought to use cherries like this – looks wonderful! 🙂
Muse in the Kitchen says
This looks so good – I like your changes, too. Teriyaki is more to my taste than ginger. Love the cherries in it. I have this one on my to-make list now, too!
Great idea to use cherries in this dish. I love Boston lettuce too for some reason, maybe because it’s not that common.
Jennifer Vance says
Mmm,looks so good!And it's gluten free,too. 🙂