I really liked the combination of cherry and teriyaki chicken in the Cherry Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps that I made the other day. I thought: “How would just cherries and chicken teriyaki taste?” I was so intrigued that I decided to try it out. The recipe is pretty much the same as the Chicken Teriyaki but I add halved cherries to the teriyaki sauce as it simmers and reduces. It was pretty good. The cherry flavour in the teriyaki sauce was a little to subtle but when I bit into the teriyaki chicken and the cherries at the same time it was an amazing combination of flavours.
Cherry Teriyaki Chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 pound chicken
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup cherries (pitted and halved)
- Marinate the chicken in the teriyaki sauce for 30 minutes to a few hours.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Fry the chicken until golden brown.
- Set the chicken aside.
- Pour the marinade into the pan, add the cherries and reduce it to a sauce.
- Pour the sauce onto the chicken.
If the cherry flavor is too subtle you can mix some cherry preserves into the sauce to increase the amount of cherry flavor.