Just a quick post today as I have a cold (just in time for thanksgiving weekend). I made this a few days ago when I had some figs in the fridge that needed finishing. I was looking for a recipe to use them when I came across
recipe for a fig and couscous salad with walnuts and goats cheese. It sounded pretty good and I would have the opportunity to use couscous for a second time.
Fig, Goats Cheese and Walnut Couscous Salad
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup couscous (I used whole wheat)
- 4 figs (quartered)
- 1/4 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1/4 goats cheese (crumbled)
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- the pulp from one fig
- Bring the water to a boil in a small sauce pan and turn off the heat.
- Mix in the couscous, cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix in the figs, walnuts and cheese.
- Mix the oil, lemon juice and fig pulp in a small bowl.
- Mix the dressing into the couscous.
- Place the lettuce leaves on a plate.
- Place the couscous salad on the lettuce.