There was one more recipe with peaches that I wanted to try. Luckily the farmers market was still full of peaches. I wanted to make the “Fresh Peach Tart with Mascarpone” from Taste Italia magazine. I just discovered mascarpone cream recently. It is a bit expensive but it has a really nice texture. I had some troubles. I guess I did not roll the crust out thin enough as it ended up being too thick. I also realized too late that I was out of apricot jam for the glaze. Other than that, the tart turned out pretty good. The orange flavour of the cream complemented the peaches nicely. I imagine that the apricot jam would have been nice as well.
Fresh Peach Tart with Mascarpone
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons almonds (ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter (grated)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- zest from one orange
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 large peaches (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- Mix the flour, icing sugar, almonds, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the butter and rub with hands until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg and mix to form a dough.
- Roll out the dough and place it in the tart pan.
- Prick the crust with a fork.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Line the bottom of the tart with grease proof paper.
- Bake in a pre-heated 375F/190C oven for 15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove the grease proof paper and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Mix the mascarpone, icing sugar, orange zest, and vanilla in a bowl.
- Whip the cream in another bowl.
- Fold the mascarpone mixture into the whipped cream.
- Spread the mixture into the tart.
- Top with the peaches.
- Melt the apricot jam and brush on the the peaches to form a glaze.
- Chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
The tart was probably delicious Kevin with or without the glaze.
This looks delicious!
Mansi Desai says
Mmmmmm mascarpone cheese!! I could die for it!!! nice use with the peaches:)
I think blogger is having trouble lately. I’m going to try leaving a comment again, but if you get 3 of them, Kevin, just delete a couple for me 🙂
Hmmm..what was I going to say? Oh yeah. If you have just discover mascarpone, you are in for a treat. I love it in anything. Your tart looks like “yum”.
Okay, how do you find the time to cook all this gorgeous food everyday?
I saw this tart in Taste Italia and fell in love with it:) I have threatened to make it but haven’t got around to it yet. Yours looks delcious!! I love that magazine!!