The fresh local vine ripened roma tomatoes are finally here. I picked up a basket of them at the farmers market this morning. For my first dish using the tomatoes I wanted something that would have the fresh tomatoes as the star of the show. I decided to do a fresh tomato pasta. This is a pretty simple pasta dish. You just need to cook the pasta, saute the garlic and throw everything together. I really like this dish because it shows off the fresh tomatoes, basil and parsley. This dish is summery and fresh.
Fresh Tomato Pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- 1 serving pasta (cooked) (gluten free for gluten free)
- 2 roma tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon basil (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Saute the garlic until fragrant, about 30-60 seconds.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add the pasta, tomatoes, basil, parsley, salt and pepper and toss to mix.