Now that I had made the roasted garlic oil I was ready to make the roasted garlic croutons. Up until now I have been buying croutons but they turned out to be pretty easy to make. Making croutons is a great way to use up any bread that is getting a bit too old. You can add various flavours to croutons by using flavoured oils or by tossing them with extras like herbs or grated cheese. I used some thyme and parmigiano reggiano to add a bit of flavour. The croutons turned out really good. They were nice and golden brown and crispy but not too hard. The roasted garlic oil added a ton of flavour to the croutons.
Roasted Garlic Croutons
- 1 cup roasted garlic oil
- 6 tablespoons parmigiano reggiano (grated)
- 1 teaspoon thyme (chopped)
- 1 loaf day old bread
- Mix the the oil, parmigiano reggiano and thyme in a large bowl.
- Cut the crust from the bread and cut the bread into 1 inch cubes.
- Place the cubed bread into the bowl and mix with your hands.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 400F/200C oven until lightly golden brown, about 10 minutes.
Chicken Caesar Salad