While I was at Sanko getting the ingredients for dashi I saw that they had fresh Shimeji mushrooms. I have been able to find shiitake and enoki mushrooms at local grocery stores but not shimeji. I quickly picked up a package. This was a tasty miso soup.
Shimeji and Aburage Miso Soup
- 1 cup dashi
- 2 ounces shimeji mushrooms
- 1 piece of aburage
- 1 tablespoon dill (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon miso (gluten free for gluten free)
- Bring the dashi, shimeji and aburage to a boil in a small sauce pan.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the dill.
- Dissolve the miso with some of the heated dashi in a separate bowl. (We do not want to boil the miso as it will not taste as good.)
- Add the miso back to the soup.
- Pour the soup into a bowl.