When I was younger I did not really like mangos. I tried them again this year and found that I now like them. When I came across this recipe for Thai mango chicken I bookmarked it to try later. This weekend they had some nice looking mangos at the grocery store and I grabbed them thinking of this recipe. This meal was pretty amazing! The mango sauce is a perfect balance of sweet, sour, spicy, and salty. This balance is really key and you should taste the sauce to make sure that it is properly balanced. You may have to make some adjustments to get it just right. I will definitely be making this again.
Thai Mango Chicken
- 2 ripe mangos (peeled, seeded)
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce (sambal oelek)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/2 lime (juice)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 thumb ginger (grated)
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 handful cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound chicken breast (sliced into bite sized pieces)
- 1 red bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 handful cashews
- Mix the mangos, chili sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, ginger, garlic and cilantro in a food processor.
- Taste the mango sauce and make sure that there is a balance of sweet, sour, spicy and salty.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the chicken and saute until cooked.
- Add the mango sauce and peppers and simmer until the peppers are tender.
- Remove from heat and serve on rice or pasta topped with cashews.
Apricot Chicken Curry