This is one of my favorite types of miso soup. It tastes great and it is kind of fun to make. I grind the sesame seeds in a mortar and pestle. I usually crush the tofu in my hands which feels kind of weird. I prefer the tofu to be crushed in this miso soup so that it can be drunk with the soup rather than having to pick it out and then drinking the liquid.
Tofu and Sesame Miso Soup
- 1 cup dashi
- 1 handful silken tofu (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (toasted and ground)
- 1 tablespoon miso (gluten free for gluten free)
- 1 green onion (chopped)
- Bring the dashi, tofu and sesame to a boil in a small sauce pan.
- Remove from heat.
- Dissolve the miso with some of the heated dashi in a separate bowl. (We do not want to boil the miso as it will not taste as good.)
- Add the miso back to the soup.
- Pour the soup into a bowl and top with green onion.
Kale, Butternut Squash and Mushroom Miso Soup